RE : problem usin MS RDO to acces a database

You are right, forwarding it to mailing list.
--- Begin Message ---
Hmm,

Well not only /Windows.

Check this line out:

warn:file:wine_nt_to_unix_file_name L"RichEd32.DLL" not found in /home/marceluda/.wine/dosdevices/z:/home/marceluda/Desktop/wine

Best is to check ownership and rights on complete .wine folder.
My gues would be root wheel.

Just guessing of course ;)

Gl in geting it to run.
Legine

Sylvain Petreolle schrieb:
> Hi Marcelo,
> --- Marcelo Luda <marceluda@xxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
>

>> My name is Marcelo Luda, I'm new to the list. I'm from Argentina and in
>> the place where I work we ara planing to migrate to linux, but only if
>> we can manage to run all the software we now use in windows.
>> Obisuly, we are trying with Wine :-)
>> Most of the app I need to run use MS RDO . We managed to install
>> sussefully RDO and MSODBC but the apps crash when they try to use it.
>> I attached a debug of one of the erros. If anyone can give me a clue, I
>> would be gratefully.
>>

> It seems you dont have write access to "c:\windows" and its subdirectories.
> The log shows many write errors,
> like when its trying to write the .ini file.
> The program will likely fail if it isnt correctly created.
>
> warn:file:CreateFileW Unable to create file
> L"c:\\windows\\expedientes.ini" (status c0000034)
>

> Kind regards,
> Sylvain Petreolle (aka Usurp)
>
>  Run your favorite Windows apps with free ReactOS : http://www.reactos.org
> Listen to non-DRMised Music: http://www.jamendo.com
>

> Linux is not as well stable as it is told to. The proof is, mine has restarted two years ago, on the occasion of a power cut.
> - H. Eychenne

--- End Message ---