Re: Inability to proceed with installation of Windows app

On 7/24/06, Leslie Katz <lesliek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I next tried to install MS Money from CD-ROM. However, when I ran the
setup utility, I couldn't proceed because the successive installation
windows were all blank, though buttons in the windows (also blank) did
appear.

I didn't find any reference to such a problem in the Wine documentation
and don't know what its cause might be. I do have a folder called fonts
in c:\windows with 40 items in it and MSIE6 appears to work properly so
far as text is concerned, given my brief use of it.
The appdb page does mention it:
http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=4641

Apparently someone was able to install it in spite of the lack of text
but not run it. Not very promising..

Does the lack of text prevent the installer from working? What happens
if you click the buttons anyway?

You could help the Wine project by trying to install it with Wine's
built-in internet explorer replacement and filing a bug if it doesn't
work. It changed significantly since 0.9.16 so you'd want to use
0.9.17, move away .wine, and start with the money installer. You may
need to edit the registry to make the app think you have IE 6 (see
http://wiki.winehq.org/UsefulRegistryKeys)

--
Vincent Povirk