Re: X Error of failed request: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)

Randall Svancara wrote:
I have compiled wine 0.9.17 with the wine-wow patch.  I start up WoW
with double buffering enabled and WoW fails.  I disable double
buffering in winecfg and wine starts, but the screen flickers as a
result of disabling double buffering.  I am using an nvidia 6600gt
graphics card, amd athlon 3000 cpu with 1GB of ram.  I am running
Fedora Core 5.  I am using the latest and greatest driver from NVIDIA.
I am using hardware opengl.

I receive the following error:

fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW Option INTERNET_OPTION_CONTEXT_VALUE; STUB
X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
 Major opcode of failed request:  144 (GLX)
 Minor opcode of failed request:  5 (X_GLXMakeCurrent)
 Serial number of failed request:  848

In the AppDB it said to restart your XSession and everything should
work fine, however this does not seem to help.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks

How far does it get, can you login ?

Have you done the following as per one of the Fedora Core 5 test results

etc/sysctl.conf

   # Disable exec shield
   kernel.exec-shield = 0
   vm.legacy_va_layout = 1

/etc/sysconfig/prelink

   # Set this to no to disable prelinking altogether
   # (if you change this from yes to no prelink -ua
   # will be run next night to undo prelinking)
   PRELINKING=no #change this to no

Nick