Re: Wine, good, evil, and black and white 2

thunderduck3141 <thunderduck3141@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> hello all, my first post so bear with me
> i have been lossing hair over getting black and white 2 to run on wine
> i finally got it down to this
>

> h4x0r@Mainframe:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Lionhead Studios/Black &
> White 2$ wine white.exe fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW
> Unimplemented action: 112 (SPI_GETMOUSESPEED)
> fixme:powermgnt:GetSystemPowerStatus (): stub, harmless.
> wine: Call from 0x611c68 to unimplemented function
> kernel32.dll.HeapSetInformation, aborting

"Call to unimplemnted function" - Translation:
The program called a function that is not yet implemented by wine. This
always result in program termination.
Funny enough, a quick web search reveals that even some windows user has
had the same problem under W2K SP4. You might try and set the windows
version to something else, e.g. WXP, W2003, W98.

Daniel