Re: No fonts are shown in winecfg

Daniel Skorka wrote:
Truppe Steven <steven.truppe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
i've downloaded the latest wine release and the other packages necessary
(fontforge, cabextract)

Did you download the source and built it yourself, or did you get the
RPM? In the second case, you don't need fontforge. I also didn't know
cabextract was considered necessary, I have been doing fine without.

but after the installation was fine i tried to run winecfg ... i see a
window with a few tabs but i
see no text at all! I tried to copy some fonts from ie4linux into my
/home/use/.wine/drive_c/windows/fonts directory but nothing changed.

Did you try $ rm -fr ~/.wine && winecfg
?

Does someone know where i can get some error output (because a $ find /
-name "wine*log" shows no file), and how to see text ?? i've searched

Wine doesn't create logfiles. You need to use WINEDEBUG="foo" (see "man
wine") to get more debug information. In your case, I think the correct
debug channel is called "font".

Daniel