Re: com ports

Nikolas Arend wrote:

This is just a quick shot...
I had the same problem talking to my modem on the COM port with wine-0.9.16 (although I knew that it had worked before). Downgrading to wine-0.9.10 in my case solved the issue. I can't tell you what changed or at which exact version things broke. I just saw that wine 0.9.17 is out, maybe the issue got resolved (if there was one with 0.9.16). Of course, downgrading wine might bring up problems with your other apps, but it might be worth a try. In any case you should back up your ~/.wine directory before playing around ;-)

This page tells how to find out when something in wine broke (regression testing):
http://www.winehq.org/site/docs/winedev-guide/x1344
The wine developers would probably want to know when exactly it got broken so they would ask you to do that regression testing anyway

HTH,

Joris