Re: Re: Running Turbo C

On 12/07/06, Paul Romanyszyn <pgr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What version of Turbo C and date.
It's here on this page:
http://webcourse.cs.technion.ac.il/234112/Spring2006/en/ho_Turbo-C.html
As the filename is TURBOC30.exe I assume it's version 3.0.

As I remember tc 1. was dos based. At around 4. it was a win 3.11 or win32s.

The options are dual boot to dos or window or get bochs, qemu or dosemu
to work and use it as a virtual PC with your choice of OS installed.

http://bochs.sourceforge.net/
http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/
http://dosemu.org/

for the first 2 you will need to use mtools to transfer files in and out
of the emulated harddrive.

Once you have simulated harddrives and have a working bochs it is easy
to let qemu use the simulated install and it will emulate a little faster.

The turbodebugger should work under bochs and qemu. It may not work
under dosemu. The other drawbacks on bochs and qemu is the number pad
keys don't seem to work.

I have used bochs but now use qemu to run a cross compiler for an
embedded micro that only runs on dos 6.22 as it uses protected mode 32
bit instructions not allowed on win 95 dos.
Paul

Thanks. I'll start playing with those tools, and I'll subscribe to the
relevant mailing lists if need be. I appreciate the advice.

Dotan Cohen
http://essentialinux.com