Re: Wine : Programs requires .Net Framework 1.1

David Baron wrote:
Onwe should be able to run such programs without the benefits of wine. Install mono, Novell's opensource knockoff of .net.

Let us know how it works out!

Most of the apps I have wanted to run use .net for some parts of the app but the main part still was hooking directly to the windows api so they will never work with Mono. I have a feeling Wine will be the only hope for apps like in the future.

I hope this is not true but I have a feeling that in another 2 years wine might not be so useful for newer apps if .net does not run on it. Mono will only go so far... There are too many developers currently bypassing .net in parts of their code and hooking directly to windows only DLLs or APIs.