gcc can't output executables: WNe compilation error

Hi!
I'm trying to compile the 9.16 versino of Wine.
It runs ok til it goes to the real compilation..
It just outputs 'gcc error: this program can't output executable files'
Using it for code generated by me, it works ok, and it still compiles
other programs.
What this could be?
Where wine looks for the gcc (or other C compiler)?

Thanks for the help.

Corvu