Re: (Still) no printing possible in wine 0.9.15

Duane Clark wrote:

I happened to have two systems running Fedora core 4, with CUPS 1.1.23. I have one system set up with the printers (an HP and an Epson), and the other printer sends prints to it remotely...

Err... The other computer sends prints to it remotely...

... It prints fine from Linux apps, and also prints fine from Wine. Currently I have Wine-0.9.12 on that machine, but I'll update and try again.

I updated to a current Wine version and repeated the printing, which also works fine. So remote printing via CUPS can work on Wine.

If I delete the current ~/.wine and rerun winecfg to create a clean setup, I do not get any complaints about the printing system. The messages you provided show that Wine is not recognizing that you have CUPS.

I notice that you mentioned something about only installing "cupsclient" on the second machine. Could you explain that part? Perhaps the answer is that Wine is looking for a running cups server. Even though I have no local printers connected to my second computer, I am still running the regular CUPS server, and it simply forwards the print requests to the remote machine.