Re: Re: Wine and Maple 6

On 6/23/06, Juan Lang <juan_lang@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> How can I apply the patch?

Sorry if the quoting's a bit off--still getting used to this new yahoo mail interface.

First off you'll want to download and compile wine from source.  There's a link at the bottom of the download page here:
http://winehq.org/site/download
Then you'll want to build it, as described here:
http://www.winehq.org/site/docs/wineusr-guide/installing-wine-source
(Mainly, once you've unpacked it, you'll cd to the wine directory, then run make, make depend, and make.  Then as root run make install.)

Then you'll want to save the patch in the top-level wine directory, and finally use the patch command.  For example, if the file is named file.diff, you'll do something like:
patch -p0 < file.diff

You'll then want to rebuild the patched components.  Since this patch is limited to the msvcrt directory, you can:
cd dlls/msvcrt
make
sudo make install

Whew.  Once that's all done, try running maple 6 again.

Good luck,
--Juan

Hello, I did the patch wine with no errors or warnings but I still get
the same error.
---------------
wine: Call from 0x7fc2eb50 to unimplemented function
msvcrt.dll._mbsbtype, aborting
wine: Unimplemented function msvcrt.dll._mbsbtype called at address
0x7fc2eb50 (thread 0009), starting debugger...
WineDbg starting on pid 0x8
Unhandled exception: unimplemented function msvcrt.dll._mbsbtype
called in 32-bit code (0x7fc2ebc0).
fixme:dbghelp:elf_load_debug_info_from_map Alpha-support for Dwarf2
information for kernel32<elf>

--
OOzy
Kubuntu-Dapper