Re: Re: wine-0.9.15 & winetools problems.

On 6/13/06, Peter Åstrand <astrand@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

* I think it would be nice if you could include my command lines for
fetching & extracting inseng.dll, for those users without a Windows
installation nearby:

$ wget http://download.microsoft.com/download/ie6sp1/finrel/6_sp1/W98NT42KMeXP/EN-US/IE_S5.CAB
$ cabextract -L IE_S5.CAB
$ cabextract -L -F inseng.dll ie_5.cab
$ rm -rf ~/.wine ie_5.cab IE_S5.CAB
$ wineprefixcreate
$ cp inseng.dll ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32/
$ wget http://download.microsoft.com/download/ie6sp1/finrel/6_sp1/W98NT42KMeXP/EN-US/ie6setup.exe
$ wine ie6setup.exe

If this method doesn't work for you, why should we tell users to
repeat these steps?  If a user doesn't have a windows installation to
copy the file from, they can download a working inseng.dll from
dlldump.com, dll-files.com, et. al.  As long as they have a windows
license, then it's legit.

--
James Hawkins