Printing: strange results

Hello!

I have two questions about printing.

Q1: When I print simple text (hello world) from notepad to cups printer,
I see my text on paper with with strange strange rectangle before it and
small rectangle at the end. What is this ?

Q2: I'am trying to print report generated in FastReport (from delphi
application). Print job does not achieve cups (I see nothing in cups
logs). There is program (FRPViewer) which can be used to reproduce bug.