Re: Re: Linux noob

NikNot wrote:
On 6/1/06, Mike Hearn <mike@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Probably  we should change this so it's not hidden :)

Indeed! This is something that I found infuriating since I first
used wine. What possible reason would there be to make this
a "hidden" directory? From whom exactly should it be hidden
and why?
Because it is the defacto standard to store settings
under ~/.<appname>. And with enough applications installed that use this "standard"
you probably will be glad that these directories are hidden so that
you don't have to scroll through them every time you open your filemanager ;).