Wine painfully slow in KDE, but not GNOME

Hi! I have an FC5 system installed with gnome 2.14 kde 3.5 and wine 0.9.13. I installed seamonkey on wine to see how it works, and it works at full speed under gnome, but not kde. Under KDE it is so slow that if I type in the location bar, I have to wait about a second to see each character. Gnome, as I said a second ago, works as fast as the linux version. Is KDE running a bunch of stuff that eats computer power, or is my computer too slow, or is GNOME just more efficient? Thanks!
-Steven