Re: Direct3D - UnrealTournament

Marcin Sloma wrote:

Hi.
I'm no gouru in wine ussage so my information will be a bit chaotic.
I'm runnig wine for many reasons, but mostly for Avisynt+HCenc, and UnrealTournamet GOTY.
Specs:
Freebsd 5.5 (actualy DesktopBSD 1.0), Xorg 6.9.0, KDE 3.5.1, SiS 661 buit in graph card (poor one, no dri), no winetools. I recently installed wine 0.9.14, after some time. My last one was 0.9.10, and it was on previous system, Freebsd 5.4 (DesktopBSD RC3). After some hard work day I wanted to play some UT ;) On 0.9.10 it worked "out of the box" without any major wine settings. Now I can't start it. It's crashes my xorg (restarts). I can only start game when I set in winecfg to run in windowed emulated desktop. But even then I get tons of errors (in text attachment; as many as I copied from shell console), and game runs whole 2-3fps (normaly it was ~30fps).
Just wanted to point this, and maybe get some sollution.
If it's just a bug or thing "to do" in developmnet, and you aware of this, then I waiting for beter one :)
I probably will instal DirectX to see it it will help.
I'm not on mailing list so if eny one have some info for me please go directly.
Regards to all, and especialy to wine devs :)
Martin

I had s3 unichrome built in and X would crash with some wine programs and a few other Linux apps. When I googled my hardware I found it had some commits that got on the xorg tree an was buggy. I added a $35 nvidia fx5200 and no more crashs. It just adds 50 watts of heat in my system.
HTH
Paul