Re: Problems with "Marco Polo Großer Reiseplaner 2005/2006" - Can't print/Street names not shown correctly/Route not shown

Daniel Skorka wrote:
Alexander Skwar <listen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
First off, the names of the streets aren't printed correctly. Please
see <http://www.myimg.de/?img=WineMarcoPoloGroerReiseplaner2.png>.

A problem with handling the alpha channel, I would guess.

Hm. Okay. Is there anything that I can do about it?

In a previous mail, it sounded as if you've also got this program.
If so, do you have this problem as well?

Further, certain "sections" (most importantly for me, the Route
section) aren't shown - please see the screen shot mentioned earlier.
As shown there, when I select Route, just nothing is shown in the left
pane.

That's not easy to guess. Do you get any console output that could be
related?

I don't know.

With Wine 0.9.12., I got the following messages when I started
the program:

alexander@blatt ~ $ wine "D:\\Marco Polo Großer Reiseplaner 2005,2006\\prog\\tcstart.exe"
__driCreateNewScreen_20050727 - succeeded
__driCreateNewScreen_20050727 - succeeded
err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP71.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\GIS\\TOOLS\\TRAFFIC.DLL") not found
err:module:import_dll Library MSVCR71.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\GIS\\TOOLS\\TRAFFIC.DLL") not found
err:module:import_dll Library MSVCR71.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\GIS\\LAYERS\\TINLAYER.DLL") not found
err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP71.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\GIS\\LAYERS\\TINLAYER.DLL") not found

And in the program, I got an error message:

	Eine oder mehrere Komponenten konnten nicht registriert werden.
	Genauere Informationen finden Sie in der Datei tc6.LOG.

				[ Ok ]

Means: One or more components couldn't be registered. You can find
more information in the file tc6.LOG.

But there's no tc6.LOG :(

Because of the import_dll message, I downloaded MSVCP71.dll and
MSVCR71.dll from http://www.dll-files.com/ and put them in
the windows\system32 directory.

After I clicked on the "[ Ok ]" button in the message box with the
tc6.LOG message, some more messages got printed in the terminal:

__driCreateNewScreen_20050727 - succeeded
alexander@blatt ~ $ err:module:import_dll Library GeoLib.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\GIS\\LAYERS\\LINELAYER.DLL") not found
err:module:import_dll Library GeoLib.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\GIS\\LAYERS\\LINELAYER.DLL") not found

I downloaded http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/geoshell/GeoShell-R4.11.10.zip?download
from http://www.geoshell.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3&Itemid=9
and put only the GeoLib.dll in the system32 directory.

But this didn't help :(

Lastly, printing doesn't work. Is that, because I've got no printer and
thus compiled Wine 0.9.12. without cups support? If so, is there a
way to be at least able to "print" to files?

Yes. And I don't know. Try to find a "print to file" option in the print
dialog.

There isn't :(

When I click on "Druckerauswahl" (Printer Selection), nothing happens.

Alexander Skwar
--
Though death will cancel it, life in this world is a glorious thing.

  -- DUKE PAULUS ATREIDES