Re: Re: Is it possible to run programs with different wine config files?

Duane Clark wrote:
Bob Bob wrote:

Use winecfg and you can store virtual etc desktop settings on a per application basis.

Though it is a bit cryptic how. Notice when you add an application in the Applications tab of winecfg, and click on it, the title of the window border changes to "Wine configuration for myapp.exe". So now when you go to the Graphics tab, the settings will effect only that application.

This has been possible since wine went to a registry style config rather than ~/.wine/config. I dont know what version that started at...

Actually, even the config file allowed per application settings that. Not that it really matters at this point... ;)

Cheers Bob

AFAIK wrote:

I want to run some games with wine desktop, but i also have to run some
programs without it. It makes me crazy to change all the time the settings
in winetools.

Any help much appreciated.
Thx

Somewhere at or after wine-0.9.11. The per application desktop was remove. All run on an explorer desktop or all don't. The option for a command like argument to set the desktop was mentioned.
Paul