Problem: "Please use registry key HKEY .."

I was able to run a very simple program (Mike Lawrence's Counting At Bridge) with wine although I got symbols for books rather than Spades, Hearts, etc.

It no longer works. Wine brings up a blank window with usual File Book Options Help banner. The only choice for File is exit and, if this is chosen, the window closes and wine reports exited with favorable status.

After this exit the following message is on the console used to start the program:

"Please use the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software\Fonts\LogPixels
to set the screen resolution and remove the Resolution entry in the config file."

In .wine/config I find Resolution ="96" but I used winesetup to create fake_windows and I can't find a registry file in .wine.

How do I make this correction?