Re: Re: lpr: error - expected destination after -P option!

On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 07:49:51AM -0800, Duane Clark wrote:
> Brian Litzinger wrote:
> >lpr: error - expected destination after -P option!
> >
> >I'm new to wine 0.9.  Running on a gentoo stable system, with cups support.
> >
> >The application I am running has a printer selection dialog which
> >when selected shows up blank.
> >
> >And clicking where the printer names should be or
> >OK causes a core dump.  Clicking cancel works.
> >

> Have you read through the thread starting:
>
> http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-users/2005-November/019438.html

yes, I read that thread before posting.

This lead me to believe cups is being properly compiled in:

checking cups/cups.h usability... yes
checking cups/cups.h presence... yes
checking for cups/cups.h... yes
checking for -lcups soname... libcups.so.2

Additionally, I can print through the default printer,
with the hack I mentioned in my previous posting.

The core problem is that the printers are not showing up in the
application printer setup dialog, and that clicking on the dialog
causes a core dump, except for Cancel.

--
Brian Litzinger