Re: Printing under wine

Tony van der Hoff wrote:
Jonathan Ernst <Jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
<1130929992.28252.0.camel@localhost>

What printing subsystem are you using ? Cups ?

Le mercredi 02 novembre 2005 à 10:45 +0000, Tony van der Hoff a écrit :
Hi,
Bit of a newbie here, I've checked the FAQ, and some srchives, but
haven't
found an answer.

I have a Windows DTP application, which runs quite well under wine 9.0
(Mandriva Linux 2005SE), but when tryimg to print, dumps with a stack
backtrace.

So I thought I'd try printing from the wine-supplied notepad; this
doesn't
even come up with a printer list. I can't believe that something so
fundamental has gone unreported, so it must be my setup.

Has anyone got any hints/clues, please?

Yes, CUPS. Works fine with native applications.

Cheers, Tony

Did you compiile Wine yourself, or where did you get it?

If you compiled Wine yourself, do you have cups-devel (or whatever the equivalent is for your Linux distro) installed?