Re: Re: MS Visual FoxPro DECLARE command doesnt work

----- Original Message ----- From: "Duane Clark" <dclark@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <wine-users@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2005 7:44 AM
Subject:  Re: MS Visual FoxPro DECLARE command doesnt work

Markus Winhard wrote:
I'm a programmer using Microsoft Visual FoxPro for daily work. I'm trying to run a self written program on wine. This program uses several Windows API functions. An example is:

 DECLARE INTEGER ShellExecute IN z:/usr/lib/wine/shell32.dll.so ;
   INTEGER, STRING, STRING, STRING, STRING, INTEGER

 ShellExecute( 0, "open", "notepad.exe", "", "", 1 )

The DECLARE line itself seems to work but the actual call to ShellExecute() raises an error (DLL file is missing or invalid). As the DLL file is there I think it's looking invalid to VFP. The same happens with any other Win32API function call I tried.

I know nothing about this, so what follows is wild speculation. The first thing I notice is that you specified "z:/usr/lib/wine/shell32.dll.so". It strikes me that that is unlikely to be what you would use under Windows ;)

Perhaps try whatever it is under Windows that you would use? I think that Wine should find the builtin version of shell32.dll without you specifying an absolute path. Wine does some tricks with DLLs, and I would not be surprised if having the ".so" on the end of the filename also breaks things.

I've not had much luck getting Visual FoxPro running under wine, but if he can actually get it to run, then the correct syntax is:

DECLARE INTEGER ShellExecute IN shell32.dll ;
INTEGER, STRING, STRING, STRING, STRING, INTEGER
ShellExecute( 0, "open", "notepad.exe", "", "", 1 )

With no paths to shell32.dll. This is what works with Windows, and should also work with wine.