Re: Transport Tycoon Deluxe for Windows installation failure / Wine-20050930

Hi Zoltan,

I'll have a go on this one with you. I remember playing TT with my younger brother many moons ago on old serially linked 486s... I just need to get wine up on my new AMD64/FC4 box. Once up I'll have a go at TTD.

the only thing I can say so far is that on Japanese systems a slash is replaced with a strike-though Y (yen) sign. So could this be locale related in some way?

later,

Liam

Zoltan Boszormenyi wrote:

Hi!

I wanted to install Transport Tycoon Deluxe for Windows
but the installation does not even start.

I have wine-20050930-1fc3winehq.i686 on my system, FC3/x86-64.
The installation directory seems strange on the very first window,
every backslash character is painted as a strike-through upcase
letter W.

Browsing for another directory or typing the directory manually
gives the same problem.

You can download this game among others for testing from
http://www.the-underdogs.org/

For the ones who browse Linux gaming sites: Yes, I know about OpenTTD.
It requires the files from the _installed_ Transport Tycoon Deluxe.

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi