Re: Astonia 3 on Wine (mmorpg game)

yeah, that's exactly what i did - and it worked perfectly :)

On 10/19/05, Jeff Vian <jvian10@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 2005-10-17 at 16:59 +0000, Karen Almog wrote:
> I've installed wine, so i can play an mmorpg game called Astonia 3.
> So far, the game loads fine, except for 2 problems:
> 1) no sound
> 2) no keyboard input
>
> from everything i've read under wine docs, there should be a file
> called config - but i'm sure you know it doesn't exist...
> no /tools/wineinstall file either.
> i've installed wine from the rpm for fedora, and i can't find any
> place where i can configure it.
> i've also read a little about winex and have already downloaded its
> cvs, but all the docs i could find relate to the install process as
> part of the wineinstall...

cedega (formerly winex) from www.transgaming.com is made explicitly for
playing games. Install the Point2Play rpm, then run it and it will
install everything else for you (cedega, mozcontrol [activeX interface]
and fonts).  Then use that and see if the game installs and plays for
you.

Not all games are supported, but many are and the ones I use are
included. The games db will list those whose status is known.
I see that Astonia is listed there, so it may work for you.

It does initially require a subscription (very nominal cost), but for me
it is worth it.