Re: What Windows apps stand in the way of switching to Linux at your shop?

Dotan Cohen wrote:
On 10/7/05, Dan Kegel <daniel.r.kegel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Do you use these programs for your hobby, or for work?
Do the people around you use them, too?

What program do you use to convert mp3's to AMR format?
- Dan

These are just for hobby, so I am flexible to switch to another
program. All my business tools I have in native linux applications.
Other than my wife, nobody else I know uses Brilliant Photo. She does
have learn-it-anew handicap, however, I think that I can get her over
it if you can suggest a linux photo-managment program that supports
IPTC data. I have only found MapiVi, and it is too early in
development to be of the use that we need. Hobby, yes, but a serious
hobby.

Xnview- http://www.xnview.com/ handles IPTC, does batch management stuff too. Freeware, I've used the windows version at work and was about to try the linux version which is available.

Alex