Re: New user

Pablo Giménez wrote:

Hi all, i'm a new user of wine and i have some doubts.
First i'm using wine with gentoo.
I read in the wine web some info about the config file that wine uses, but in the gentoo ebuild no sample file is installed, or i haven't found it. Even more it seems that the winecfg application is used to configure wine, but it seems to not be finished and uses the registry files in ~/.wine to store the configuration settings, it's a pain to touch any registry file, is there any way to use the config file that is described in the docs?
Where can i get a sample file ?
I need wine to run a windows application that use tcp/ip, is the network layer implemented in wine, so this emulated application can connect with for example another linu native application that use tcp/ip too? Another doubt, if my windows application uses their own dll, appart from the standar windows dll, there is a way to ensure that the application can found this dlls?

Thanks

--

Un saludo
Best Regards

Paolo,

Recent versions (since 20050725?) of wine do not use a configuration file. There is

$ winecfg

which will launch a general configuration interface.   There is also

$ wine regedit.exe

if you need it.

Ti saluto,

Sean