Re: DCOM98 install problem

What does defaults to w2k mean? What are the assumptions about operations? Is the winecfg command to reset it effective?

Thanks,
Dan

Claude Jones wrote:
On Tuesday 06 September 2005 6:18 am, Oleksii Krykun wrote:

To install IE6 I try install DCOM98 previously.
I use WINEDLLOVERRIDES="ole32=n" wine dcom98.exe

Files are copied successfully then I get an error "Error loading
advpack.dll"

Regarding this same question. As I understand it, the build 20050830 defaults
to emulating W2k. Since dcom98 is specifically a W98 and earlier dll, it
returns an error when trying to install it. Is there a substitute? Does the
new build need the added functionality of dcom or is it built in now?