Wine Font Problem with VB app in Ubuntu

Greetings.

I have been trying to run a VB6 application in Ubuntu using Wine, but it has a significant font issue. Having been successful in RedHat, where there was no problem running the Application's fonts in Wine, it is puzzling why this is not so in Ubuntu.

I have followed the support messages (both archived and current) to try to correct the problem. I have installed the universe/multiverse backports. I have installed the msttcorefonts package. The fonts work fine in all applications (browsers, OpenOffice, etc...) except this one. I have written and installed a new small VBapp to try to tweak the font set. Same result. The only fonts that appear are either too small or too large. This must be an issue some one else has manged to solve.

Currently running with Ubuntu 5.04 Hoary Hedgehog, Wine 0.0.20050725.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.