Re: PowerPoint 2000 freezing with some presentations...

Hi Ignacio,

I observed a similar bug in the preview mode of the file open dialog (which is the default). As you observed the freezing only when opening an existiing presentation I suppose that your problem may have the same root.

As workaround you may try to choose an other file open mode (e.g. details). before powerpoint tries to preview the first presentation. Maybe it's necessary to create a directory in the directory that is opened by the file open dialog at first (to prevent Powerpoint from rendering a preview). You have to renew this setting after every start of Powerpoint.

I already opened a WINE-bug (#3125) for this.

Regards,
Thomas

--
Dr. Thomas Serries