Re: Specific Font with wine

Gregory L. Harris wrote:
Maybe Wine IS picking up the fonts, but your
application isn't.  Try seeing if your fonts were
recognized by other applications.  Also, make sure you
don't have any running Wine process going in the
background before make a config change (this includes
adding fonts) because new changes usually won't take
effect until a new instance of Wine is started.

Hiji

I think the problem is that the bit-mapped fonts from Windows (i.e. *.fon) are not going to be
handled under Wine just by copying the files or checking a configuration setting. It will take
more effort than the vector fonts (TrueType and Postscript) that are sufficient for most
applications.

See http://www.winehq.org/site/docs/wine-user/config-fonts-main

Having not done this myself in a long time, I can't tell you whether the documentation is
still accurate or those procedures will work. HTH.

Greg Harris

Thanks to all.

I think like you Greg. Bit-mapped fonts are not handled correctly in Wine. True Type fonts is not a problem.

I've done the procedure on the winehq website but it seems to not working for me !

I tried to convert .fon file into TTF file but I didn't found anything about this.

I think I'm going to create a TTF file like my .FON file !
With this it will be ok.

Thanks to all for your help on Wine.

Mika