Screen refresh slowness

I have been using The Semware Editor on Linux using Wine for a little more than four years. It is a plain ascii text editor that displays everything in one font. It has been flawless under wine, thank you all very much. I have always been building my copy of wine from the current CVS repository. Recently some change was made that really really slowed down the screen repainting when a lot of text is displayed - say 60 rows of 200 columns. When I scroll the text file I am editing it is very very slow to refresh the entire display. I used to see this exact behavior when I had set the following config items:

"ClientSideWithRender" = "Y"
"ClientSideWithCore" = "Y"

When I set these both to "N" I would get very fast page refreshes.

Now I suppose the config file is no longer used, is the server side font rendering lost with it or is there some way to get the speed back for me? Possible it is some other change, does anyone have any ideas for me?

Thanks very much,
Pete