fixme:font:load_VDMX Failed to retrieve vTable

When I run the Setup.exe for Myth II: Soulblighter, none of the text
that the installer renders is visible. Instead, I mainly see little
boxes where the text should be.

I am running Fedora Core 4. This did not happen under Fedora Core
3. And yes, I did rebuild wine. And I got Wine via CVS last night.

The error/warning message I get is in the Subject:

fixme:font:load_VDMX Failed to retrieve vTable