Re: Linux apps from inside Wine (was:Re: Problems with Lotus Notes R5.0.12 under Wine 20050524)

Hi Andy,

> Hi!
>
> I did as you said and at least, my acroread starts, but it seems, that the temporary file could not be created.

I had the same problem some time ago  8-)

> I looked into my logfile and it showed me the right path and acroread is fired up.

You should put in the "acroread.exe" script a line like this:

env >> $LOG     (or, if you prefer:  set >> $LOG)

This allows you to see the content of environment variables.
I don't know, but the acroread take one of the temporary environment variables: TEMP or TMP in order to write a temporary file before it reads the real file.
Take a look at those variables (even take a look at the TMPDIR). If you've noticed, the "acroread.exe" script re-set the TMP and TEMP variables with the content of TMPDIR. As I said I'm using wine 20040813 and maybe the newest version has changed something.

> But I got a message within my acroread, which says something like a temporary file could not be opened.

I think if you investigat those variables you can solve the problem  ;-)

> Therefore I decided to comment the deletion of the temporary file in your script out.

OK. The deletion is for avoid filling the temporary directory ....  ;-)

HTH.

BTW, how can I get rid of the HTML part of the message my notes client is sending to the list?
I saw I'm sending text *and* HMTL format ... I dislike that.
Ulisses de Sousa Penna
Analista Consultor - Banco do Brasil
Fone: +55-61-310-6320   Fax: +55-61-310-6435