Re: Multiple instances of wine

Derek Harding wrote:
Hi,

I'm sorry if I missed it somewhere else:

I have an app which runs OK in one instance from its startup directory -
it uses mfc32.dll from the startup directory.
I have copied the directory contents and, of course, changed the
directory and app name. When I try to run a second instance, it fails.
Whichever directory I use first runs OK and the other fails - not very
informatively: "Unhandled exception (thread 000b)"

Is this a feature of wine - if not, what should I be doing.

Ultimately I want to run three separate, different apps and three
instances of an identical app.

In general, that works fine. Running multiple apps and multiple instances of the same app has worked for many years in Wine (I have done it many times). And there is no need make another copy of the application directory to do it. I hope you don't mean you are somehow attempting to copy the entire C: drive or Wine binaries.

So there is apparently something that the particular app you are using is doing that prevents this. Can you run multiple instances of it under Windows?