Re: set ver = ?

Wesley Parish wrote:
Addendum: I got past the unloading into temporary folder stage of MicrosoftVirtualPC2004EnglishTrial.exe, before it told me I should read the documents to see what the minimum system requirements were.

Then it died on me.

Bummer.
//
does Wine have anything that does that?

I've just tried "wine MS\ .net\ framework\ SDK\ -\ with\ C-sharp\ compiler\ Setup.exe"
and it told me that it couldn't install on Win95, Win98 etc, and I'd have to upgrade to NT 4.0 before it would install.

Any hints, ideas, previous experience on configuring Wine for suchlike?

Thanks

Wesley Parish

Try setting the winver option in ~/.wine/config to NT40 or using the --winver=NT40 option

-Dustin