Re: Menu issues with WeatherScope

Ryan May wrote:
Duane Clark wrote:

Ryan May wrote:

Joachim von Thadden wrote:

Looks like wine-20050310 is the problem.  20041019 does not have the
menu problem.  Is this by chance a known issue, or do I have some
regression testing in my future?

I suspect it is due to the rather major X11 changes that have been made recently, so I think regression testing might provide little useful information. I'll probably take a poke at the menus sometime soon.

Ok, well, I just did a quick check with the Wine versions in portage
(running Gentoo here).  I can get visible menus with Wine-20050111, but
they have the invisibility problem with 20050211.  Unless anyone has any
ideas as to how to approach this, I'll probably put this issue on the
shelf for now.

In the meantime, if you want the menus, you can always make a copy of the current versions of datetime.c and monthcal.c, and replace just those two files in an older version of Wine. They should work fine.