Re: Re: Program Crashes on Startup

Rein Klazes wrote:
On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 10:23:17 -0600, you wrote:

I can see two possible modes of failure above. The first are the lines above with a CreateFileW that are passed a parameter of "\ffcc\ffcc\ffcc\ffcc". I'm not sure why they look like they do so they just look suspicious. However, the program does seem to continue on, so maybe not.

Such strings look like some uninitialized memory. Note also the
"cccccccc"'s on the stack, which are probably the same: uninitialized
variables.

Then I guess this is probably the problem area, since you don't want to create a file with an uninitialized name.

Looking back through my log again I notice some other areas right above this one that also show an uninitialized string being passed to CreateFileW, as well as GetFileAttributesW.

Otherwise, any other ideas why this is failing?

Not from this log. Since I have installed the program, can you tell me
how to reproduce this error?

All I do is simply run the program from the terminal like you showed me before:

 wine  c:\\Program\ Files\\Weathersoft\\WeatherScope.exe

Ryan

--
Ryan May
Graduate Research Assistant