Re: Wine 20050310 / Linux 2.6.11 crashes on munmap()

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 14:46:48 -0500, Jesse D Zbikowski wrote:
> The address 0x7a6b3000 we munmap() has was never returned by a mmap(),
> but we do get it from a mmap() about 5000 lines later, after the crash
> (coincidence?):

>From the mmmap man page:

The address start must be a multiple of the page size. All pages
containing a part of the indicated range are unmapped, and subsequent
references to these pages will generate SIGSEGV. It is not an error if the
indicated range does not contain any mapped pages.

Therefore this is not the bug. The issues almost certainly lies elsewhere.

It's generally a bad idea to strace wine. The results are not meaningful
once control is passed to the Windows application. Instead, use the
builtin debugging infrastructure to narrow down the problem, a
+tid,+relay,+seh trace might prove informative.

thanks -mike