Re: wine printing using CUPS

wineuser wrote:

wine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx schrieb:

I'm trying to get my Epson Stylus Color 600 to work with a windows app using wine.
My distr (SuSE 9.2) uses CUPS and works fine, but i can't get it to work in wine.
The manual is not really helping me out.

When i try to print i get :
fixme:commdlg:PRINTDLG_OpenDefaultPrinter Could not open printer styluscolor600?!
err:psdrv:PSDRV_FindPrinterInfo OpenPrinterA failed with code 1801

Can someone help me out ?

Frank.

I had the same problem using my printer in MS Access. I solved it adding some entries in my wine registry (using regedit) and the win.ini in the fake_windows directory, like described in this tutorial: http://www.la-sorciere.de/Wine-HOWTO/wineprintconfig.html, in the part "Printing with the Internal Postscript Driver in Wine". Seems the tutorial isn't really up to date because I had to use
[ppd]
"generic" = "/usr/local/share/wine/generic.ppd"
instead of [psdrv] ..., and I didn't need the entries for the afm-files.

I got my printer working ! It was just like you said to use [ppd] ,etc. And i didn't even had to edit the registry and the .ini file.

Thanks for your help !

Frank