Re: Sonar ??

Hiji wrote:

That's a good question. Lately, a lot of stuff in Wine has been losing compatibility; I don't know if that's because "hacks" are being removed in place of developing full-qualified DLLs over time or simpley because advancements in one area are breaking other areas.

The latter, mainly. My (possibly wrong) understanding is that recently the handling of X11 updates (which affects basically every program), was moved into the Wine server, and some improvements made along the way. This introduced a number of regressions, most of which have been fixed, but a few may still linger.

In any case, I don't really know how to do
regression testing; so, I can't report back to the
wine-devel alias what broke what.

http://www.winehq.org/site/docs/wine-devel/x1318

It really is fairly painless, though a fast internet connection and fast computer help tremendously.