Re: Facing Problems with installing wine source

Vijay Krishnan - Sr. Trainer wrote:

Hi,

I downloaded the source file wine-20050211.tar.gz, extracted it and then followed the instructions provided in the wine user guide. I did ./configure, then make depend && make, then make install.

Then, whenever I try to execute wine, it gives me an error message that it could not find libwine.so.1

Check the file /etc/ld.so.conf and see whether it contains "/usr/local/lib" (assuming that is where the Wine library is). If it is not there, add the entry and then (as root) execute "ldconfig".