Thanks for WineTools! - Ideas for improvement

Joachim,
Than you for your maintenance of WineTools!

Some ideas for future development.

Targeting alternative directories other than ~/.wine perhaps in a shared area or in ~/.wine1 ~/.wine2, etc...

It would also be nice to have a common winetools/sys directory where cached downloads can be retrieved.

A feature of installing useful Windows DLLS from Windows CDs.

Restructuring the WineConfigurations to allow multiple users to run applications from various wine environments.  I'm beginning to see how this might be done.  Each user having different dosdevices files, command lines specifying different wineservers, configuration files, etc...

For instance, I might want to have three "Windows Installations" because I have three versions of a program that I need to run, and they don't want to co-exist on the same Windows installation.
Now I have say 40 users who need to be able to run all three programs at the same time.

I've been mulling over the permissions matrix in my head for some time.  I think it is a simpler issue than I have been perceiving it to be.
A file system overlay tool for Linux is beginning to be used which could prove useful for having multitudes of users having write access to the same drive_c while being able to delete, modify and add files to it without conflicting with other users' changes.

It's called UnionFS and it plays a big part in the upcoming Knoppix 3.8 by allowing you to overlay modifications to system files by writing to ram.  This is really a cool tool and I can see it having a huge benefit to multiuser Wine implementations.

UnionFS Home Page (Part of the FiST project -
Stackable File System Language and Templates)
http://www.fsl.cs.sunysb.edu/project-unionfs.html

UnionFS is mentioned here:
http://www.linux-live.org/

-Joe Baker