Segfault at debug

I am (once again) trying to find just *why* TaxAct will not run under Wine. So this time I wanted to follow some instructions I got back in Dec 2003 on debugging a program ("TaxAct, wine 20031212" in the archives). Of course, I found they were for the older method of editing the config file and then adding a "wine --debugmsg +relay,+file -- ..." command line, wnich I tried to adapt as "WINEDEBUG=relay,file wine ...", but whenever I try it with this parameter (or by setting the variable ahead of time & running wine by itself), I get a segmentation fault.

I don't recall getting this on my system at work (Fedora Core 3, wine builds 20041201, 20050211, Thinkpad T41, Pentium M). I expect part of the problem is I can't find a native package for my x86_64 system at home (also Fedora Core 3, but the 64bit version this time). I tried the Athlon and i386 builds (20050211), and get segmentation faults with both.

I would try compiling Wine for this machine specifically, but it fails in the compile. But that's the topic for a different message.