Re: [Wine]DVD Shrink 3.2

Am Sa, Mär 05, 2005 at 07:51:36 +0100 schrieb Sylvain Petreolle:
>  --- Don <dlw3@xxxxxxx> a écrit :
> > 1.7ghz, 512m ram
> > 160g /dev/hda, 120g /dev/hdb
> > MDK 10.1, KDE 3.2 Wine-20041201
> >
> > DVD Shrink opens but shows no DVD after trying to open a file.
> > Apparently Wine-200412201 does not use a ~/.wine/wine.conf.
> > So, How do I get wine to recognize /dev/hdc?
> >
> > dlw
> Better update your wine to the last version : 20050211.
> Current versions doesnt use wine.conf anymore, give the created ~/.wine/config a review.
> Last point, be sure to follow the DVD Shrink howto on appdb :
> http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?versionId=2230

>From my investigations with DVDShrink I know that the HowTo is
incomplete. DVDShrink should be part of WineTools but I removed it
because of legal issues in Germany (yes, the witch-hunt started here
also). The Base setup (which creates a suitable config) of WineTools
works quite good with DVDShrink. You have to add

---8<-----------------------------------------------------------------
; DVD Shrink
[AppDefaults\\DVD Shrink 3.2.exe\\Version]
"Windows" = "win2k"

[AppDefaults\\DVD Shrink 3.2.exe\\DllOverrides]
"*" = "builtin, native"
---8<-----------------------------------------------------------------

at the end of the config after you performed the Base setup. To start
DVDShrink use the following script:

---8<-----------------------------------------------------------------
!/bin/bash

. findwine
cd "$WINEDIR/c/Program Files/DVD Shrink"
mount_cd
$WINE "c:\\program files\\DVD Shrink\\DVD Shrink 3.2.exe"
${PARAM:+"$PARAM"} &>/dev/null &
wait $!
umount_cd
---8<-----------------------------------------------------------------

Note that until know I know of nobody being able to watch the video or
listen to the audio streams from a DVD with the software. But shrinking,
copying and reorganizing a new DVD is possible. You have to save it to
disk and burn with some Linux software. If somebody here knows of a
better way with integrated burning I would be happy to know of it.
DVDShrink is one of the very rare programs with no *real* alternative
under Linux.

Regards
	Joachim
          Never run a touchy system!!!"