Re: [Wine]Diablo 2 and LOD

steve reilly wrote:
Hi,

Anyone that might be able to help me get this running for my son, I
would greatly appreciate it.  I AM computer literate, but unfortunately
for me most of my 20 yrs in using computers has been windows based.
switched to fed core a few months ago, love it, but its extremely
frustrating not being able to just RUN something... theres alot of
effort going into just getting a program to run. after the kids compaq
crashed on xp, I put fedora on his as well.  HELP!!!

Thanks

Steve

Hi, there, Steve!

We've heard your desperate cry for help, but you have given us no information whatsoever on what the actual problem you need help with is.

All we know is that it has something to do with Diablo 2 (and, presumably Wine). You have said nothing about what you are trying to do (install Wine, run Wine, install Diablo 2, run a previously-installed version of Diablo 2), or what happens when you do it (errors on Wine install, errors on Wine first-run, Diablo 2 won't install, Diablo 2 installs but won't run-- with related error messages); you haven't even told us which version of Fedora Core you have (1, 2, or 3), or which version of Wine you are running.

So it's pretty hard for anyone to help you. We'd be happy to try, though, if you told us more about what was going on.

In the meantime, you might want to read:

The Wine-user Guide at http://www.winehq.com/site/docs/wine-user/index

The instructions on Frank's Corner for getting Diablo 2 running, at http://www.frankscorner.org/index.php?p=diablo2

The Wine Application Database entry for Diablo2 LOD at http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?versionId=315

Hope this helps.