Re: [Wine]Installation issue?

James E. LaBarre wrote:

<>Are you able to get Turbo Tax working? I might try that myself if it runs
OK in wine.

BUT; what about that scam^h^h^h^hscheme that TT was using a couple years ago where their copy-protection system was writing to your drive's boot sector? I wouldn't trust it on a system where it wasn't isolated onto a virtual disk image file (like a VMware or Qemu image).

I think TaxCut will work. I know TaxAct won't even *install* under later
Wine versions (it used to at least install, but couldn't load it's default
data file at startup)

Several people have reported to me that Intuit dropped their earlier intellectual property protection scheme last year. And, I have installed TurboTax on my system using Setup.exe on the CD. The system has been rebooted since without any difficulties.

It is still not running, though, probably due to my lack of familiarity with wine and to several years absence from doing anything at all with Windows software. (I haven't addressed any Windows operating system setup parameters since W95.)