[Wine]msaccess odbc driver not working

I have problems import ms access 2000 data into Word 2000. The error is: DDE connection failed.

Browsing the internet I found out that ms access uses ODBC for this (am I correct?).

I have installed MDAC_TYP.EXE like in the Winehq documentation.

I think that the msaccess driver doesn't work o.k.

To reproduce: Run wine c:\windows\system\ODBCAD32.EXE
--> in user DSN click on msaccess database configure
--> click on select database
--> in the field database name only the character "c" is displayed (in windows this is "*.mdb")
--> in the field list files of type I can only choose between c and A
--> no matter which database I choose I always get the error "invalid directory or file path"
--> in the field database only a range of squares in shown

Any help would be highly appreciated.