Re: [Wine]Newbie: Running an application within wine (installed fine)

×××× ××× wrote:
I had successfully installed BrilliantPhoto with wine, so that I have
the directory:
file:/home/dotancohen/.wine/c/Program Files/Brilliant Labs/BrilliantPhoto
but when I run the command
wine /home/dotancohen/.wine/c/Program\ Files/Brilliant\
Labs/BrilliantPhoto/BrilliantPhoto.exe
it justs sits there with no output until I ctrl-Z it. Silly me, I even
tried to click the icon in Konqueror to start the program (I can start
IE6 this way).

I just installed wine (with apt, version 20041201) and winetools
within the last few hours, and between what I've see on this list the
past few weeks (I subscribed in December) and google, well, I know
nothing! I'm on Fedora Core 3 in KDE on a AMD Duron 1 ghz machine with
512mb ram and a noisy fan.

Thank you in advance!

Dotan Cohen

Some programs don't like to run via a full path; what happens if you cd to the Brilliant Photo directory first, then run

wine BrilliantPhoto.exe

?

I have a couple of apps that run fine when the app is run from within the program directory, but fail to run otherwise (even from the program menu link created by Wine during the program's install).

HTH,
Holly