[Wine]Virus Question

Hi, the Wine program seems great. I run Eudora in WinXP, and this program will enable me to run Eudora in Fedora 3 and use the same mailboxes via Captive-NTFS - and so I will always have my email up-to-date.

I have one big concern: viruses. Is it possible for me to get infected with a virus using Wine? If I got infected, how well could the virus infect my system? Meaning, I plan to install Captive-NTFS , so if I have a virus, could it write to relevent Windows files etc. on my mounted NTFS partition? If I get a virus, how easy would it be to clean it - could I just run like AVG or something and that would take care of it?

(I'm still getting used to Linux!)

Thanks a ton!!

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.300 / Virus Database: 265.7.2 - Release Date: 1/21/2005