[Wine]Re: Myst Masterpiece Edition installer

Mike Hearn wrote:

Make sure the CD is being mounted with the "nohide" option. This is a
silly kernel misfeature you may have to hack around.

Thanks a bunch! For some odd reason I had to use "unhide" instead of "nohide", but it nevertheless worked. Myst.exe ran beautifully, and even found Setup.exe. Alas, my problems doesn't end here. Installation went in a jiffy, but when running the game, it abruptly crashes. Ran it with console, and at first there's lots of clicking and fixme:dsound messages and it throws the debugger just after this line:

err:int21:INT21_Ioctl_Block int21: unknown/not implemented parameters:
int21: AX 440d, BX 0004, CX 0848, DX b61e, SI 0000, DI 0000, DS 0000, ES 0000

Any relation?  http://www.ctyme.com/intr/rb-2896.htm
If so, congrats to Red Orb for programming by guidelines. :)

Regards,
 Jani Kärkkäinen